What tablecloth size should I have?
There is a “standard calculation” but since tables can have different shapes (such as rounded corners), it depends on taste how big the overhang should be. If the table has rounded corners, we recommend taking a shorter tablecloth because otherwise there will be far too much in the corners. A larger table usually requires a larger tablecloth with more overhangs.
We have many years of experience in weaving linen textiles and helping customers with tablecloth measurements, and we have listed some things to have in mind when buying a tablecloth:
- We recommend 25 cm of overhang on each side of the table.
- We recommend no less than 20 cm of overhang on each side, with the risk that the cloth ”sticks out” on the sides
- We do not recommend more than 30 cm of overhang on each side, with the risk that the cloth will be in the guests’ lap.
- The fabric’s shrinkage of 5-7% during the first wash is included in the measurements below.
Measure the table, then refer to the table size guide. Still not sure which size to get? Do not hesitate to contact us.
1. Measure the width of the table, then choose the width of the tablecloth you want.
|Table width||Width tablecloth|
|80 – 90 cm||140 cm|
|90 – 110 cm||160 cm|
|120 cm – 130 cm||180 cm|
2. Measure the length of the table, then choose the length of the tablecloth you want.
|Table length||Tablecloth length|
|100 cm||160 cm|
|140 cm||200 cm|
|160 cm – 170 cm||225 cm|
|180 cm – 190 cm||250 cm|
|200 cm||260 cm|
|210 cm – 220 cm||280 cm|
|230 cm – 240 cm||300 cm|
|250 cm – 260 cm||325 cm|
|280 cm – 290 cm||350 cm|
|300 cm – 310 cm||370 cm|
|330 cm – 340 cm||400 cm|
How do we think when we calculate the measurements?
Table dimensions plus 60 x 60 cm extra (total 30 cm overhang on each side). The fabric’s shrinkage of 5-7% during the first wash is included in the measurement.
A table that is 100 x 200 cm, needs a tablecloth that is 160 x 260 to be on the safe side.
Do you want a different size of your tablecloth or table runner? A round tablecloth?
Contact us and we help you.